Public Sector Equality Duty
Statement of compliance with the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) 2012
Due regard for equalities
As a Federation we welcome our duties under the Equality Act (2010) that give legal protection from discrimination on the grounds of the following sets of characteristics:
- Marital status and civil partnership
- Religion and Belief
- Sexual Orientation
As a Federation we have a general duty to pay due regard to equality and to meet the three aims of the Equality Act which are to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
Having due regard for advancing equality involves:
- Removing or minimizing disadvantages suffered by people due to their protected characteristics.
- Taking steps to meet the needs of people who share a protected characteristic where these are different from the needs of other people.
- Encouraging people who share a protected characteristic to participate in public life or in other activities where their participation is disproportionately low.
Pine Ridge & Lorraine Federation is committed to removing discrimination, advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations, by integrating equality into the school's core priorities and functions.
Information to demonstrate compliance with the Public Sector Equality Duty, including our equality objectives, is published on the GLF website and can be viewed by following the link below: