What is the PE and Sports Grant?
The Education Funding Agency is providing additional funding to each school to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Possible uses for the funding might include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers to improve their teaching of PE
- Supporting and engaging the least active children through our new Aiming High club
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
PE and Sports Premium at Pine Ridge & Lorraine Schools
Funding for schools is calculated by reference to the number of primary-aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11), as recorded in the annual schools census.
For this academic year Pine Ridge & Lorraine Schools will receive £32,930.
Physical education, physical activity and sport have been shown to impact positively on the extent to which young people feel connected to their school; the aspirations of young people; the extent to which positive social behaviours exist within school; and the development of leadership and citizenship skills.
(Stead & Neville 2010)
More physically fit children have improved brain function, higher academic achievement scores and superior cognitive performance than less fit children.
|Sports Premium Expenditure Evaluation 2021/22||31st Jul 2022||Download|
|Sports Premium Expenditure Evaluation 2020/21||21st Jul 2021||Download|
|Sports Premium Expenditure Evaluation 2019/20||17th Jul 2020||Download|
|Sports Premium Expenditure Evaluation 2017/18||12th Jul 2018||Download|
|Sports Premium Expenditure Evaluation 2018/19||16th Jul 2019||Download|