Learning from Home - Year 1
Learning from Home
- Daily learning for everyone daily reading - this could be your reading book (which you can re-read), your own books, newspapers, comics, recipes, anything you have in the house!
- Number bond practice - start with bonds to 5, then move onto 10, 20, 50, 100, 1000 etc.
- Times tables practice - this could be on Hit the Button
- Phonic sound practice or spelling practice looking at Year 1 common exception words.
- Keep a daily diary - this could be in pictures or writing. Why not create it as a comic book or try writing it in the style of another author.
Year 1 Specific Learning
Daily Phonics Practice
- You can use games on Phonics Play
- Can you make your own alien words?
- Can you spot digraphs and trigraphs in your everyday environment?
White Rose Maths Home Learning
- Plan and write your own story based on any class books we have read or your favourite book, focusing on using capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
- Go on The Literacy Shed, choose a picture or video and complete some of the suggested tasks from it.
- Maths Consolidate your understanding of numbers to 40 - reading, recognising and writing them correctly, practising place value (splitting each number into tens and ones) and addition and subtraction within 40.
- Skip counting in 2s, 5s and 10s - first to 20, then to 50, then to 100.
- Number bonds to 10 and 20.
- Money - recognising coins, adding amounts together, giving change.
- Time - knowing the time to the hour and half past.
- One step number problems.
Use an atlas/globe/google maps to explore the World around us. Can you find the United Kingdom? Can you find each country that makes up the United Kingdom? Can you find where you live? What is your surrounding area like? What are the key features?
Please follow the link to the Year 1 Guided Reading Grid.