Learning from Home - Year 2
Learning from Home
- Daily learning for everyone daily reading - this could be your reading book (which you can re-read), your own books, newspapers, comics, recipes, anything you have in the house!
- Number bond practice - start with bonds to 5, then move onto 10, 20, 50, 100, 1000 etc.
- Times tables practice - this could be on Hit the button https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Phonic sound practice or spelling practice this could be on Phonics Play.
- Keep a daily diary - this could be in pictures or writing. Why not create it as comic book or try writing it in the style of another author.
Year 2 Specific Learning
Practise your weekly spellings - look at common exception words for Year 2
- Plan and write your own story based on any class books we have read or your favourite book, focusing on using conjunctions to extend your sentences.
- Go on The Literacy Shed https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html, choose a picture or video and complete some of the suggested tasks from it.
- Practise 2,3,5,10 x tables.
- Practise simple + / - questions totalling up to 100 (drawing tens and ones or number lines to help you).
- Go on a shape hunt around your house. What different shapes can you spot?
- How many sides or vertices (corners) do they have?
Wonderful Me - Draw a timeline and plot the things have already completed in your life so far.
Can you create a family tree to show relatives in your family?
Please follow the link to the Year 2 Guided Reading Grid.